- 2 tbsp quinoa
- 2/3 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
- 500g unshelled peas (or 120g frozen peas)
- ¼ cucumber, cut into batons
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
- ½ avocado, diced
- Small handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Small handful mint, roughly chopped
- 2 dstsp lemon juice
- 4 dstsp extra virgin oil
- Salt & pepper
- Rinse the quinoa, place in a small pan with a couple of cm cold water, bring to the boil then gently simmer until there is no water remaining and allow to cool.
- Boil the broccoli and peas (unless using frozen) for about 3 minutes then run under cold water to cool.
- Layer salad onto two plates as follows ─ quinoa, cucumber, broccoli, peas, feta, alfalfa, seeds, avocado and finally the parsley and mint.
- Mix together the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning to taste and dress the salad just before serving.