- 4 small golden beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle and brush
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 100g kale, stems trimmed
- 6 figs, quartered
- 30g ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Place the beetroot in a roasting dish, drizzle with a little olive oil, lightly sprinkle with salt and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make a dressing, place the 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Remove the beetroot from the oven, toss in the half of the dressing and set aside.
- Heat the grill, brush the kale with a little olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt. Grill the kale for a minute or two on each side until the edges begin to char slightly. Chop coarsely and arrange on plates with the figs, spoonfuls of ricotta and beetroot drizzle with the remaining dressing and season with salt and pepper.