- 2 guinea fowl or pheasant or
- 1 large chicken, jointed
- 8-10 rashers of dry cured smoked bacon
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1tbsp rosemary
- 1tbsp fresh sage
- 500ml bottle of local beer
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Wrap the bacon around the skinned cuts of meat and place into a hot pan add in the shallots and mushrooms.
- Get some good colour on them this is where we start building up the flavour.
- Add in the garlic cut in half (I know it sounds like a lot but it calms down and smoothes out to give a wonderful sweet rich garlic taste).
- Chuck in the rosemary and sage and add to the pan with the beer and a good chicken stock cube. Pop the lid on and simmer on the hob for 1 hour.
- Now if you are making this out in the campsite like I did just serve it up but if you’re at home why not try this addition: when it has had an hour top with slices of crispy baguette then a little garlic butter (or just use a shop bought garlic bread and cut each slice down the middle again, but ensure the butter side is facing up). Pop in the the oven for 10 minutes and serve.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime