- 8 dried red chillies, deseeded
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Put the chillies in a bowl and pour over enough warm water to cover them. Leave to soak for 1 hour. Drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Pound the chillies, garlic and salt to a paste in a mortar and pestle, or whizz them in a food processor.
- Beat in the cumin and coriander and bind with the olive oil.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed jar with a thin layer of olive oil floating on top. It will keep well for a month.