- 12 large ripe figs
- A little melted butter, for brushing
- 1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 6 tbsp marsala
- creme to serve
- Cut each fig about ¾ through. Layer two large pieces of foil and brush the top one with melted butter. Place the figs and broken cinnamon stick in the middle of the sheet.
- Loosely bring in the sides of the foil. Drizzle the honey and marsala over the figs. Scrunch the edges of the foil together to form a loose parcel.
- Place the foil parcel on a barbecue over medium-hot coals and cook for 10-15 minutes until the figs are very tender, then open the parcel a little and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Serve the figs with creme spoon over a little of the juice.