- 2 whole trout or 4 fillets
- 20ml olive oil
- 4 slices of thick cut bread (preferably a little stale)
- Salt and pepper
- 2tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp of chives
- 1 tbsp of fresh dill
- Place your smoker on a low heat or if you haven’t got one place a roasting tray on the hob on a low heat with a handful of cooked rice, add some rosemary and some dried tea, place a cooling wire on top of the tray and you have a smoker.
- Drizzle the trout with a little olive oil to stop them sticking, lay them skin side down on the smoker.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and cover with the lid or cover with foil, they should only take 5-6 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile slice some of yesterday’s bread into 1cm slices and drizzle with a little olive oil on one side and rub them together with another slice so the oil get all over the bread. Place the bread into the oven for 10 minutes at 160°C to crisp a little or cook in a fry pan on the hob.
- In a bowl add the creme fraiche, the zest of 1 lemon, the horseradish, chopped chives and chopped dill to give it that savoury kick and mix well.
- When the crostini has cooled spread a little of the cream on top.
- When the trout has cooled just a little, as I think it’s a better dish if you serve it a little warm, cut the fish into chunks and place onto the crostini.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes