- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 425g tins chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 125ml tahini
- 125ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 180ml buttermilk
- Olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft, stirring continuously. Add the cumin and continue to cook whilst stirring until the onion begins to brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a processor, add the cooked onions and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle with a little extra olive oil if desired.