- 6 level tbsp (40g) grated courgette
- 8 level tbsp (110g) self raising flour
- 6 level tbsp (110g) caster sugar
- 2 level tbsp (20g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp orange extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 160ºC (fan)/180°C / Gas 4. Wash your hands and put on an apron. Line the bun tin with paper cases.
- Put the flour, sugar and cocoa together in the bowl and mix gently.
- Break the eggs into the cup then beat up with the fork. Now add the vegetable oil and mix again. If using the orange extract add this too.
- Put the oil and egg mix and the grated courgette into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well using the bowl scraper.
- Using the two spoon method heap some mixture onto one of the teaspoons and push it into a paper cases with the other until you have filled all 12 with mixture.
- Ask a grown up to put you buns into the oven for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Serve with a glass of fruit juice. You could ice them for a special occasion.