- 60g soft butter
- 60g self raising flour
- 60g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 30g white chocolate drops (optional)
- 1 medium egg
- 50g frozen raspberries
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 160ºC (fan)/180°C / Gas 4. Wash your hands and put on an apron. Line the sandwich tin with a circle of baking parchment.
- Put the flour, sugar, soft butter, vanilla extract and chocolate drops ( if using) all into the same bowl. Break the egg into the cup then add to the bowl of ingredients. Then mix well with the silicone bowl scraper until you have a smooth mixture.
- Put the mixture into the sandwich tin, using the spoon to help you spread it over the paper liner. Sprinkle the frozen raspberries over the top.
- Ask an adult to place the cake in the hot oven for 15- 20 minutes (it is easier if you put the sandwich tin on to a baking tray). Leave to cool for 10 minutes then ask someone to help you turn it out onto a cooling rack.
Serve warm or cold with raspberry yoghurt for a pudding or juct as a cake slice with a glass of water or milk. Why not make two and sandwich with vanilla flavoured yoghurt and more raspberries for a high tea treat.