- 125g ready made puff pastry
- 10-12 (150g) cherry tomatoes
- 75g mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 heaped tbsp (15g) grated Italian hard cheese
- (child’s) big handful fresh basil (about 5g)
- Ask an adult to Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan)/220°C / Gas 7. Wash your hands and put on an apron. Line the sandwich tin with a circle of baking parchment.
- With the pastry at room temperature, roll out to just bigger than the sandwich tin. This can be done by turning the tin upside down on top of the pastry and carefully cutting around the outside using the table knife. Drop the slightly larger circle of pastry into the base of the tin, cover and put in the fridge while you prepare the topping.
- For the topping, put the basil leaves into the small bowl then roughly chop with the scissors. Add the parmesan and mascarpone plus a pinch of black pepper and mix with the spatula or spoon until soft.
- Put the tomatoes into the cup and chop up with the scissors.
- Put the tart together by spreading the cheese mix onto the top of the cold pastry base, using the back of the spoon until the base is covered. Then tip the chopped tomatoes over the top. Add a pinch of pepper.
- Ask an adult to place the tart in the hot oven for 20 minutes (it is easier if you put the sandwich tin on to a baking tray), then turn the oven down to 160ºC, fan/180°C/ Gas 4 for a further 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then lift the tart out of the tin. .
- Serve warm or cold with carrot batons.
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
Salmon & Asparagus Tart