- 500g fresh raspberries
- 75g sugar
- 12 mint leaves, chopped, plus a few whole leaves to garnish
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teabag, any black variety
- 500ml boiling water
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 300ml cold water
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Place the raspberries and sugar into a large bowl, crush with a potato masher. Stir in the mint and bicarbonate of soda and set aside.
- Place the teabag in a pot or jug, pour on the boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Discard the bag and pour the tea over the raspberries. Stir and leave until cool.
- Line a sieve with muslin, place over a jug and strain the mixture through, pushing with the back of a spoon ─ you should have about 600ml of liquid.
- Add the cold water, stir, serve over ice and garnish with mint leaves.
Tip : Freeze raspberries in water for ice cubes with interest.