For the filling
- 1 Bramley apple, approx. 300g, peeled, cored and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 25g unsalted butter
- 40g caster sugar
- 100g blackberries
- 50g raspberries
For the crumble
- 60g plain flour
- 30g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 30g caster sugar
- 50g ready-made granola
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- To make the filling, place the apple in a saucepan with the lemon juice, butter and sugar and heat gently until the butter has melted. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until apple has softened slightly and is well coated. Add the blackberries and raspberries and cook for a further minute until the apple takes on a pink colour. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, sift the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until you have a coarse crumble texture. Stir in the sugar and granola.
- Divide the fruit filling evenly into the four 16cm oblong pie dishes and top each generously with the crumble topping, making a slight mound in the centre. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden and the fruit juices are starting to bubble up through the topping. Serve immediately.
Tip: The filling can also be made using frozen apple and red fruit mix ─ defrost and drain well then add 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. No need to pre-cook.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds