- 875ml still water
- 2 tsp dried lavender buds
- 100g sugar
- Juice of 4 lemons
- Ice cubes, to serve
- A few small lavender springs to garnish, optional
- Place the lavender into a heatproof bowl. Boil 300ml of the water in a saucepan and pour over the lavender. Leave to infuse for 10 minutes, then strain the liquid back into the pan ─ discard the lavender.
- Add the remaining water and sugar to the pan bring to the boil then simmer for a minute or two.
- Transfer to a large jug, add the lemon juice, stir and allow to cool. Once cool, chill in the fridge until needed. Serve over ice cubes and garnish with lavender sprigs, if using.