- 50g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g ground almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 80g caster sugar, plus 2 extra tbsp
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200ml double cream
- 75g mascarpone or creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- 200g fresh raspberries, plus extra to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4
- Sift together the plain flour and baking powder, add the ground almonds and pinch of salt.
- In the bowl of a free-standing mixer, whisk the eggs and the 80g of caster sugar until pale, trebled in volume and the mixture leaves a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted from the bowl. Add the lemon extract and mix again.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold the dry ingredients and the grated lemon zest into the mixture.
- Gently pour the mixture into a Swiss Roll Tin lined with baking parchment, and level with a palette knife. Bake on the middle shelf of your preheated oven for about 10 minutes until golden and just firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 1 minute before turning out onto a large piece of clean baking parchment dusted with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Carefully peel off the baking parchment that was used to line the Swiss Roll Tin and discard.
- Starting at the narrowest end, roll up the sponge with the clean parchment inside, then leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the double cream with the mascarpone or creme fraiche until thickened and spreadable.
- Unroll the roulade and spread with a thin, even layer of lemon curd, leaving a 1-2cm border all around the edge.
- Spread the cream mixture over the lemon curd and arrange most of the raspberries on top.
- Tightly re-roll the roulade using the parchment to help you roll.
- Place on a serving platter, dot with the remaining raspberries and enjoy!
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds