- 225g self-raising white flour
- 115g butter, diced
- 115g caster sugar
- 40g ground almonds or hazelnuts
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp milk
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 55g icing sugar, sifted
- With the kneading blade removed, grease and line the base and sides of the bread pan and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then lightly rub in the butter. Stir in the caster sugar, nuts and lemon zest, then beat in the eggs and milk, mixing well. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the mixture into the bread pan and level the surface.
- Place the bread pan in the machine and bake for 60 minutes on the “Bake Only” setting.
- After baking, a fine skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf should come out clean. If the loaf requires further baking bake on the same setting for a further 10-15 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove the pan from the machine using oven gloves. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, before turning the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the icing sugar and with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice to make a fairly thin glacé icing. Drizzle the icing over the cold loaf. Serve in slices.
See our Bread Machine book for lots of inspiration!
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes