- A roasting chicken of about 1kg (2¼lb) weight
- 6 sprigs of tarragon
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp, heaped, dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp, heaped, cornflour or arrowroot
- Prepare the chicken for roasting by inserting your fingers between the skin and flesh on the breast. Place two sprigs of tarragon under the skin, spread out over each breast. Season the chicken inside and out before putting the rest of the tarragon, along with the quartered lemon, inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Brush a little olive oil over the chicken breast, place inside the Remoska, put on the lid and switch on. After about 30 minutes, remove the lid and turn the chicken over, pouring out some of the juices from the cavity as you do so. Replace the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes, by which time the chicken should be cooked, but check by inserting a knife at the thickest point to ensure the juices are running clear. Transfer the chicken to a warm serving plate, draining the juices back to the Remoska.
- To make the gravy, if using cornflower, transfer the juices to a small pan. Mix the sugar and cornflower to a smooth paste, add to the pan and bring to the boil. If using arrowroot, dissolve in a small amount of water and add to the sauce in the Remoska, stirring until it thickens.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime