- 275g smoked haddock
- 50ml milk
- 15g Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 100g leeks, rinsed and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce or 1 tsp fresh grated horseradish
- 10g Parmesan, grated
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper muffin cases. Alternatively, grease 8 moulds of the tin with a little coconut oil.
- Place the smoked haddock in a shallow oven dish, pour over the milk, cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add the leeks and garlic. Cover and saut for 5 minutes until softened, then remove the lid and cook off any liquid.
- Beat the eggs with some salt, pepper and the horseradish sauce or fresh grated horseradish. Flake the haddock into small pieces and stir into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases or tin, then sprinkle the Parmesan over and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack. Serve hot or leave to cool.
Recipe taken from Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille)
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Avocado Prawn Hug
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad