For the base
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g (2oz) butter
For the cheesecake
- 700g (1½ lb) full fat soft cheese
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml softly whipped double cream
For the topping
- 150ml (5floz) sour cream
- 250g (9oz) mixed soft berries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°f / Gas 3. Lightly grease a 20cm (8in) push pan.
- Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press into the prepared tin and leave to set.
- To make the cheesecake filling, measure the cheese into a large bowl and beat until soft. Add the sugar and beat again until well mixed. Beat in the vanilla extract and then the eggs. Fold in the double cream.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the biscuit crust, leveling the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 60 minutes or until the cheesecake becomes puffy around the edges but is still very soft in the centre. Remove from the oven to cool.
- When cool, remove from the oven and place in the fridge and chill well. To serve, loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the tin using a small palette knife then spread the sour cream over the top and decorate with the mixed soft berries.