For the base
- 100g (4oz) plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g (2oz) butter
For the cheesecake
- 700g (1½ lb) full fat soft cheese
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml softly whipped double cream
For the topping
- 150ml (5floz) sour cream
- 250g (9oz) mixed soft berries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°f / Gas 3. Lightly grease a 20cm (8in) push pan.
- Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press into the prepared tin and leave to set.
- To make the cheesecake filling, measure the cheese into a large bowl and beat until soft. Add the sugar and beat again until well mixed. Beat in the vanilla extract and then the eggs. Fold in the double cream.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the biscuit crust, leveling the top.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 60 minutes or until the cheesecake becomes puffy around the edges but is still very soft in the centre. Remove from the oven to cool.
- When cool, remove from the oven and place in the fridge and chill well. To serve, loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the tin using a small palette knife then spread the sour cream over the top and decorate with the mixed soft berries.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Mary Berry’s Orange Drizzle Cake
Mary Berry’s Carrot Cake
Mary Berry’s Coffee & Walnut Traybake
Mary Berry’s Little Lemon Drizzle Cakes
Mary Berry’s Very Best Chocolate Cake