- 6oz (175g) baking spread especially for cakes or soft butter
- 6oz (175g) caster sugar
- 7oz (200g) self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- grated rind of 2 small lemons
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- 6oz (175g) granulated sugar
- Grease the 12 hole loose silicon bottomed bun tins. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well for about 2 minutes until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the bun tins, dividing evenly between the 12 portions.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for about 20 minutes until risen, golden and shrinking away from the side of the tin.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sugar to give a runny consistency. Spread out evenly over the warm cakes and leave to set. Once cold loosen the edges of the cakes and push up the base firmly to lift out.