- 6oz (175g) baking spread especially for cakes or soft butter
- 6oz (175g) caster sugar
- 7oz (200g) self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- grated rind of 2 small lemons
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- 6oz (175g) granulated sugar
- Grease the 12 hole loose silicon bottomed bun tins. Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well for about 2 minutes until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the bun tins, dividing evenly between the 12 portions.
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for about 20 minutes until risen, golden and shrinking away from the side of the tin.
- Mix together the lemon juice and sugar to give a runny consistency. Spread out evenly over the warm cakes and leave to set. Once cold loosen the edges of the cakes and push up the base firmly to lift out.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes