For the meringue
- 3 large egg whites (total 100g)
- pinch salt
- 100g caster sugar
- few drops Natural Banana Flavour
- few drops Natural Strawberry Flavour
- 2 drops Star Kay White Peppermint Extract
- Few drops Star Kay White Lavender Extract
- 2 drops Star Kay White Gold Star Vanilla Extract
- Wilton Colour Right 8 Pack
For the white chocolate sauce
- 100g white chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 140°C/120°C Fan/Gas 1. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Place the egg whites and a pinch of salt into the bowl of an electric mixer, making sure the bowl is completely grease-free before you start, otherwise the egg whites will not whip. Begin mixing at high speed.
- As the egg whites are stiffening, slowly sprinkle the caster sugar into the mix. Be careful not to over-whisk, and stop whisking as the meringue becomes stiffer and glossy. The mixture should stand in stiff peaks and cling firmly to the bowl but not be dry.
- Divide the meringue equally between 5 bowls. Flavour the first with a few drops of banana flavour, the second with a few drops of strawberry, the third with 2 drops of peppermint, the fourth with a few drops of lavender, and the fifth with 2 drops of vanilla.
- Snip the end off a piping bag and fit with the flower nozzle. Turn the bag inside out and roll down over the lip of a tall glass or jug to hold in place.
- Referring to the Colour Formula Chart, mix some pastel yellow colour in a small cup or bowl. With a small, fine paintbrush, paint pastel yellow vertical lines evenly spaced around the inside of the piping bag, from the nozzle to halfway up. Fill the bag with the banana flavoured meringue.
- Keeping the piping bag vertical, pipe mini meringues ─ 2.5cm diameter, 3cm high – onto the lined baking tray, evenly spaced apart.
- Repeat steps 5 using pastel pink colour for the strawberry meringue, pastel green for the peppermint, pastel lilac for the lavender and winter green/blue for the vanilla. Use a fresh piping bag each time.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning the heat down to 120°C/100°C Fan/Gas ½ for the final 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes on the baking trays before carefully removing and leaving to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the sauce, melt the white chocolate and cream together in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water, and stir well until the chocolate is melted, smooth and glossy. Pour into a serving bowl and serve warm with the meringues for dipping.
Tip: the sauce can be made ahead of time but will firm slightly when cold. Simply reheat gently in the bowl to soften once more. It will keep for 2-3 days covered in the fridge. The mini meringue kisses can last for up to 3 months if stored in a dry, airtight container.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe