- 1 chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 34 tsp cayenne pepper
- 14 tsp ground cumin
- 14 tsp ground coriander
- 12 tsp garlic purée
- 12 tsp ginger purée
- 1 tbsp miso
- 350ml hot water
- 60g wholewheat noodles
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 12 red onion, sliced
- 50g bean sprouts
- 1 spring onion, chopped diagonally
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 12 lime, cut into 2 wedges
- 1 tbsp peanuts, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Place the chicken breast in the microwave steam case. In a small jug, combine the spice rub ingredients then pour over the chicken.
- Cook in the microwave on medium high (600W) for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted. Remove from the microwave and leave to rest for 2 minutes in the steam case.
- Dissolve the miso in the hot water and pour into a microwaveable noodle bowl. Add the noodles, then cover and cook on full power for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, spiralize the carrot into ribbons.
- Tip the cooked noodles and liquid into a warmed dish. Cut the chicken breast into thick slices and arrange on top of the noodles.
- Add the spiralized carrot, red onion, bean sprouts, spring onion, chilli, lime wedges and peanuts to the bowl and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip: This dish was cooked in a 900W microwave, so timings may have to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked before eating.