- 300g plain flour
- 112tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 225g muscovado sugar
- 200g apple sauce
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 75ml milk
- 125g plain flour
- 12tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g apple sauce
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 20ml milk
- To make the cinnamon cake, sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix well with an electric hand mixer. Repeat for the plain cake using another bowl.
- Spoon half the cinnamon cake mixture into the centre of the cake pan. Spoon the other half into one side of a duo piping bag.
- Spoon the plain cake mixture into the other side of the piping bag and snip 2cm off the end.
- Pipe 6 large swirls around the cake pan, using up all the mixture.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 8 minutes or until the cake is just set and springy to the touch. Leave to stand for 1 minute before turning out.
Tips: As with most microwave cakes, this Cinnamon Swirl Cake is best eaten on the day it’s made. It tastes delicious sliced and spread with sweetened cream cheese or mascarpone.
This cake was cooked in a 900W microwave, so timings may have to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage. Ensure food is thoroughly cooked before eating.