- 120g white quinoa
- 300ml water
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Pinch caster sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 40g sultanas or raisins
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds or poppy seeds
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of mint
- Rinse the quinoa and put it into the Lékué Rice & Grain Cooker with the water. Put the lid in place. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes. Carefully remove from the microwave and stir in the stock powder. Microwave for 5 more minutes on HIGH, with the lid in place. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar with the sugar, black pepper, turmeric and cumin seeds in a large serving bowl.
- Fluff up the quinoa grains with a fork and tip them into the dressing whilst still warm. Add the carrot, red onion, sultanas or raisins, pomegranate seeds and chia seeds or poppy seeds. Stir well.
- Serve each portion topped with crumbled feta cheese and a few mint leaves.
Tip: Check that the quinoa is cooked after 11 minutes, as all microwaves can vary a little. Add another 1-2 minutes if required.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese