- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted. Grease three 12-hole mini muffin pans.
- Stir berries and sugar in a small saucepan over heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Blend cornflour with the water stir into berry mixture. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cool.
- Cut 36 x 6cm rounds from pastry press rounds into pan holes. Cut 36 x 4cm rounds from remaining pastry. Spoon berry mixture into pastry cases top with rounds. Press edges firmly to seal. Brush tops with egg white sprinkle with extra sugar. Make small cut in top of each pie.
- Bake pies for about 20 minutes. Stand in poan for 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack. Serves pies warm or cold.