- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 115g soft margarine
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp kirsch
- 150ml double cream, whipped
- Approx. 100g morello cherry jam
- 125g dark chocolate, broken
- 125ml double cream
- 1 tbsp dark rum, optional
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Grease the My Kitchen 12 Cup Mini Sandwich Tin.
- To make the sponges, blend the cocoa and water in a mixing bowl and leave to cool slightly. Add the remaining sponge ingredients and beat until thoroughly combined. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 holes, level the tops, then bake for 15 minutes until well risen and the tops feel springy when pressed. Leave in the tin to cool for a few minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely then cut in half widthways.
- To make the topping, place the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Pour the cream into a small pan, place over a medium heat and warm until it just comes to the boil. Remove from the heat, pour over the chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in the rum, if using. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until thick, smooth and spreadable.
- Sprinkle the bottom halves of the sponges with kirsch then top with the whipped cream and jam. Spread the sponge tops with the chocolate topping, gently press the sponges onto the bases, and then finish off with some chocolate shavings, if using.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes