- 80ml vegetable oil
- 110g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 240g carrot, coarsely grated
- 40g walnuts, finely chopped
- 110g self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 90g cream cheese, softened
- 30g unsalted butter
- 240g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- A drop of orange food colouring
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/300°F. Place 18 paper cases in two deep bun tins.
- Beat the oil, sugar and egg with an electric mixer until thick and creamy. Stir in the carrot and walnuts then stir in the flour and spice. Divide into the paper cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes then leave in the tins for 5 minutes before placing on wire racks to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Place half the topping in a separate bowl and mix in the lemon rind. Add the food colouring and vanilla essence to the remaining topping and mix in.
- Spoon the two toppings into the Duo Icing Bag, pipe a swirl onto each cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes