- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Lightly grease our 12 Hole Loose-Based Mini Sandwich Tin and set aside.
- To make the sponge, sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Add the caster sugar and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the syrup, eggs, oil and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the holes in the tin and level with the back of a teaspoon. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until well-risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin for 2 minutes and then ease out onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once fully cool, cut the tops off the cakes so that they are completely flat. Using a palette knife, cover in chocolate frosting then put in the freezer on a plate for ten minutes to firm up the frosting. Remove, smooth with a warm palette knife and replace on the cooling rack.
- Following the instructions on the pack, warm a pot of Cake Angels Glossy Mirror Glaze and pour over your cakes. Place the cakes in the fridge to set for an hour.
- While the mirror glaze is setting, use a vegetable peeler or large flake grater to create chocolate shavings to make ‘nests’ to top your cakes. Once the mirror glaze has set, top each cake with a sprinkle of shavings and finish off with a few mini chocolate eggs.