- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 25g unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp milk, plus extra to brush
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix in the milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead gently before patting out into a round about 1.5cm thick. Cut into rounds using a 2.5cm pastry cutter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with milk and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until well-risen and golden brown.
- Once cool, dust with icing sugar.