- 500g mixed blackberries, redcurrants, raspberries and strawberries
- 250g caster sugar
- juice of half a small lemon
- splash of water
- Place all the ingredients in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Bring to simmering point, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend the fruit mixture using a hand blender, then press it through a sieve to create a smooth pure.
- Set the timer on your ice cream maker for 25 minutes. Pour the cooled mixture into the pre-chilled freezer bowl with the paddle running and leave to freeze-churn.
- To achieve a firm-textured sorbet, place the bowl of sorbet in your freezer for a further 30 minutes or so.