- 75g Italian 5 grains mix (spelt, barley, durum wheat, rice and oats) or similar mixed grains
- 100g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 200g vine tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Bring 1 litre water to the boil in a saucepan, add the mixed grains and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain thoroughly and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the herbs, tomatoes and spring onions then stir in the cooled mixed grains.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil and stir well.