- chicken pieces for 4, rubbed with salt and white pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- pinch of saffron soaked in 2tbsp hot water
- 1tsp ground ginger
- handful of pitted olives, washed
- 1 preserved lemon, rinsed and chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- 12 pint of water
- Heat olive oil in a Tagine, then fry onion and garlic until soft and golden. Add chicken pieces along with saffron in its water, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Baste the chicken with the liquid and add 12 pint of water. Cover and cook for 112 hours on a low heat, basting occasionally and adding more water to stop the dish drying out.
- When chicken is cooked, remove to a warm plate, cover and allow to stand. Add olives, lemons, herbs and season again if needed. Boil sauce until it thickens. Add chicken pieces back to the tagine, coat with the sauce and serve immediately.