- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250g leftover turkey (a mix of leg and breast), chopped
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flaked almonds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and toast the coriander and cumin seeds for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cinnamon, olive oil, aubergine and shallot, then stir and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until the aubergine has softened slightly.
- Add the harissa paste and peppers, stir, add the tomatoes and crumble over the stock cube.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the veg is tender and the mixture is nice and thick. Stir through the turkey meat and season well. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Grease two oven trays.
- Using the 9.5cm pastry press or a cutter, cut out rounds and fill each with a teaspoon of filling. Brush the edge with beaten egg and fold the press over to seal and crimp the edges.
- Place on the trays and brush each with egg, then bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with a sprinkling of flaked almonds and serve.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime