- 50g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250g chestnut musrooms, sliced and washed
- 300g risotto rice
- 175ml glass white wine
- 25g butter
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian parmesan), freshly grated
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 1 litre of boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain the liquid in to a bowl, squeezing as much as possible from the mushrooms. Crumble the stock cube in to the liquid. Chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft and golden. Stir in all the mushrooms and continue to cook until the fresh ones have softened.
- Stir in the rice. Add the wine and cook gently until it has evaporated. Add a quarter of the mushroom stock and simmer over a medium heat, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Repeat three times.
- Continue stirring until the rice is cooked, if necessary add a little water. Remove from the heat, add the butter and scatter over half the cheese and parsley. Cover and allow to stand for a few minutes. Give the risotto a final stir, spoon into bowls and scatter with the remaining cheese and parsley.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese