- 5 nectarines
- 25g butter
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 50g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 375g puff pastry, ready rolled
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Halve the nectarines, remove the stones and set aside one half. Cut each of the remaining halves into 4 slices.
- Place the butter in the tarte Tatin mould and heat in the microwave on medium power for 30-40 seconds or until the butter has melted. Add the sugar and stir well to combine.
- Place the half nectarine, cut side down, in the centre of the mould, make a ring of sliced nectarines, flesh side down, around it then arrange the remaining sliced nectarines around the outside of the mould, skin side down. Sprinkle with crushed Amaretti biscuits.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit is just beginning to soften.
- Cut a 28cm circle of pastry and place it over the top of the nectarines, tucking the pastry edges down the sides. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before inserting the ceramic serving plate into the mould and turning out the tarte Tatin. Delicious served hot or cold with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: this recipe was cooked in a 900W microwave, so timings may have to be adjusted according to your microwave’s wattage.
Cook’s note: the leftover puff pastry is perfect for making savoury straws. Simply cut into 1 x 7cm strips, twist each 2 or 3 times, place on a greased baking tray and sprinkle with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 200ËšC/Gas 6 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.