- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 300g Arborio rice
- 2 tsp green pesto
- 750ml hot vegetable stock
- 250g baby asparagus, cut into pieces
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- 75g Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the leek, garlic and spring onions and fry until softened but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat the grains evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice is translucent. Transfer to the slow cooker. Stir the pesto into the stock and add to the pot.
- Cover and cook on low for around 1½ hours ─ there is no need to stir whilst cooking. Add the asparagus on top of the rice, cover and cook for a further 15 minutes, then add the peas. Cook for a further 15 minutes
- To serve, stir in the Parmesan, lemon zest and juice and parsley. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Tip: If there is too much liquid left at the end of the cooking time, switch to the high setting and cook uncovered to reduce slightly. For a special occasion replace half the stock with white wine.
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Spelt Pizza with Sweet Potatoes & Goat’s Cheese
Anjula Devi’s Roasted Aubergines with Fresh Coconut