- 3 tsp olive oil
- 8 shallots, finely sliced
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 100g fillet steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp creme
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- A handful of watercress
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots, season and fry gently for 10 minutes until soft and golden. Add the vinegar and cook until the vinegar has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, season the steaks and rub with the remaining olive oil. Griddle for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm plate to rest ─ keep warm.
- Mix the creme and horseradish together, set aside. Griddle the bread for a minute on each side, spread each with the horseradish sauce and spoon on some of the shallots. Top with the sliced steak, some watercress and any remaining horseradish sauce.
Tip : A perfect supper with a rich Cabernet Sauvignon.