- 6 mini corn on the cob or 3 whole cobs, halved
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar or sake
- 3 tbsp tomato pure
- 2 tbsp dark soft brown sugar
- 15g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Cook the corn in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5-6 minutes until tender, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl, reserving half the spring onions and chilli for garnish.
- Divide the corn cobs between 3 skewers and brush evenly with the marinade.
- Prepare and light the grill according to the instructions.
- When ready, guests can cook the corn for 3-4 minutes on each side, turning carefully with tongs and basting with the remaining marinade until it is evenly cooked and slightly chargrilled.
- Remove the corn from the grill and sprinkle with the reserved spring onion and chilli to serve.