- 125g pancetta, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, steamed
- 100g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 240g tinned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 leg of lamb, butterfly-boned (ask your butcher to prepare this for you)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- 2 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F.
- Mix the pancetta, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, mint, lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a food processor until combined. Add artichokes and pulse a few more times without allowing the mixture to become smooth.
- Lay the lamb flat, skin side down, then spread on the artichoke mix, leaving about 1cm around edges. Tightly roll the lamb and string-tie every 5cm along its length.
- Rub the skin with olive oil and season well. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, pour the water into the pan and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180°C/350°F and roast for a further 75 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes, carve and serve with mint sauce.
Wendy’s Christmas Eve Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt