For the biscuits
- 350g plain flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 175g unsalted butter
- 60g Parmesan, grated
- ¼ tsp English mustard powder
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
For the SunBlush tomato jam
- 280g jar SunBlush or semi-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped (reserve 1 tbsp oil)
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 225g chopped tomatoes
- 350g golden caster sugar
- 125ml balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- To make the biscuit dough, sieve the flour into a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, blitz in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add the Parmesan, mustard powder, egg yolk and water. Gently pull the mixture together into a soft dough, being careful not to overwork it. Leave to rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking parchment until it is 5mm thick.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut out 24 biscuits and place them on the baking sheets, leaving space between each. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the tomato jam, heat the reserved oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the jam becomes sticky and most of the liquid has evaporated. Let the jam cool, then pour into a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Sandwich pairs of biscuits together with 1 tsp of tomato jam until you have 12. These will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tips: Any remaining tomato jam can be stored in a sterilised jar for 3 months in a cool, dark place (refrigerate once opened). The biscuit dough freezes well and can be cooked from frozen ─ just cut into shapes before freezing.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad