- 6 large free-range egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 350ml double cream
- 6-7 tbsp orange curd
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 8 passion fruit
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan100°C/gas ½. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt to form stiff peaks, then, while still whisking, add the sugar to the bowl in a steady stream. Whisk for 5 minutes, once all the sugar is added, until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper and draw a circle on it, about 26cm in diameter. Pile the meringue into the circle, then make an indentation in the centre. Bake for 2 hours, then turn the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven to cool completely.
- Put the cream in a bowl and fold in the orange curd, lime juice, and the pulp from 3 passion fruit. Lightly whip until it’s just holding its shape.
- Dollop the fruity cream into the centre of the meringue. Scoop out the pulp from the remaining passion fruit, then spoon it over the orange curd cream and sprinkle with the lime zest. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING (BASED ON 8) 417kcals, 21.6g fat (13.3g saturated), 3.5g protein, 55.4g carbs, 50.3g sugar, 0.2g salt
Chef’s tip: Make the pavlova meringue base in advance and keep in an airtight container so your oven is free to cook the lamb on Easter Sunday.
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe
Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Crème Brûlée