- 1 large beetroot (200g), peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g broccoli florets
- 100g pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-assisted.
- Place beetroot and onion on a large oven tray drizzle with oil. Roast about 20 minutes. Add broccoli roast a further 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Cook pearl barley in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 40 minutes or until tender drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, the warm water and juice in a small bowl.
- Toss roasted vegetables and parsley through warm pearl barley. Drizzle with tahini dressing before serving.