- 10g butter, softened, to grease
- 250g ginger nuts, crushed
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 300ml double cream
- 300g fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 75g ginger conserve
- Grease the base of a square tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Combine 225g of the biscuits (reserve the rest) with the butter and press firmly into the tin, making sure the mixture is pressed down around the edges. Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream until stiff, add the pineapple and conserve and fold together. Spread onto the biscuit base then sprinkle the reserved biscuit on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours to allow the top to set then remove from the tin and cut into squares.