- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Pink food colouring
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 120g ground almonds
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Stir the chocolate and cream in a pan over a low heat until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and place the ganache in the fridge until spreadable.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/275°F. Grease two oven trays and line with parchment.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar and food colouring and beat until the sugar dissolves. Mix together the icing sugar and almonds then fold into the mixture in two batches.
- Using a plain nozzle, pipe 36 x 4cm rounds 2cm apart onto the prepared trays. Tap the trays lightly on the worktop so the macarons spread slightly. Dust with icing sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes then leave to cool on the trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sandwich the macarons with the ganache and dust with a little icing sugar.