For the cupcakes
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 90g butter, at room temperature
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 45ml pink Prosecco
- 60ml soured cream
- 2-3 drops red food colouring
- 350g Prosecco Flavour Frosting
- Red food colouring
- White Magic Sparkles
- Sugarsin® Prosecco Gummies
- 50ml pink Prosecco
- Wilton® Martini Toppers
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas 3. Line the bun tin with cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, stir in the baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Prosecco and the soured cream.
- Add the flour mixture and the Prosecco and soured cream mixture alternately to the butter, sugar and eggs, mixing after each addition until just combined. Stir in 2-3 drops of red food colouring to make a pink cake mixture, then divide between the cupcake cases, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until well risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the pink icing, place half the Prosecco frosting into a bowl and add 1-2 drops of red food colouring. Attach a star-shaped nozzle to our Duo Colour Icing Kit, fill one of the compartments with the pink icing and the other with the plain white frosting, and pipe onto the cupcakes. Add a few gummies to the top of each, then sprinkle over the Magic Sparkles.
- Fill the martini toppers with Prosecco and insert one into the top of each cupcake. When ready to eat, squeeze the topper to infuse the cupcake with fizz.