- 150g fine green beans, topped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced into rings
- 300g basmati rice with wild rice
- 4 pork loin medallions (or a 500g piece of tenderloin cut into 4 rounds)
- 4 tbsp instant polenta
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, then set aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the shallots over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a pan of boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- While the rice cooks, flatten the pork in cling film with a rolling pin. Mix the polenta and Parmesan in a shallow dish. Dip the pork in the flour, then the egg, then coat with the polenta.
- Drain the rice, then stir through half the butter.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan. Fry the pork for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and butter in another pan. Saut the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds. Add the beans to warm through, then stir into the rice to serve.
Per serving: 818kcals, 37.8g fat (15g saturated), 44g protein, 71.8g carbs (1.5g sugars), 0.7g salt, 3.8g fibre
Wendy’s Christmas Eve Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt