- 2kg belly pork
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 bulb garlic, halved horizontally
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the onions, garlic and fennel onto a baking tray. Add the rosemary and sprinkle with salt to help draw out the juices from the vegetables.
- Place the pork on top of the vegetables.
- Score the skin of the pork with sharp knife and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- In a pestle and mortar crush the fennel seeds with a teaspoon of salt. Then rub all over the skin of the pork, ensuring it gets into all the cuts, this will really help you get good crackling.
- Roast at 200°C for 30 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 160°C and roast for a further 2½ hours.
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Yorkshire Pudding Wrap