- 500g mixed lean & belly pork, chopped finely
- 4 rashers smoky bacon, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 450g plain flour
- 225g lard
- 90ml water
- pinch of salt
- beaten egg to glaze
- 300ml water
- ½ an envelope powdered gelatine (about 6g)
- ½ a vegetable stock cube
- Rub the lard into the flour and salt until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water slowly and bring the pastry together. Rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Roll out the pastry, reserving enough to make the pie lids. Ease into pork pie moulds and let the excess pastry drape over the edge.
- Mix the meats, salt and thyme together, spoon into the moulds. Brush the top pastry edge with water and place the lid on top. Cut off the excess pastry, crimp the edges and brush with beaten egg.
- Cut a small hole in the centre of the lid to pour the jelly mixture in.
- Cook for 1 hour then reduce the temperature to 160°C, cover with damp greaseproof paper and cook for a further hour.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Make up the gelatine according to the packet instructions, adding the half veg stock cube to the boiled water. Pour the mixture through the hole in the pastry lid and leave to set in the refrigerator overnight.
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
Salmon & Asparagus Tart