- 6 bone-in pork chops
- 400g whole shallots
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml scrumpy cider
- 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 300g frozen petit pois
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6. Put the chops, shallots and rosemary in a roasting tin. Season, drizzle with the oil and roast for 20 minutes until golden.
- Add the cider and bacon, stir in the redcurrant jelly, then return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, then spoon into a suitable container and freeze.
- Thaw completely, then tip back into a roasting tin. Cover the tin with foil and reheat for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, stir in the peas and cook for 10 minutes until piping hot. Discard the rosemary stalks. Serve with the mash and gratin.
PER SERVING 309kcals, 15.3g fat (4.5g saturated), 27.2g protein, 10.7g carbs, 6.9g sugar, 0.8g salt
Chef’s Tip: To cook without freezing, add the peas at the end of step 2, then cook for 10 more minutes and serve.Soak the shallots in boiled water for 10 minutes to make the skins easier to peel.
Wendy’s Christmas Eve Barbecued Leg of Lamb
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt