- 100g puy lentils
- 75g walnuts
- 125ml sherry or red wine vinegar
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small radicchio (150g), leaves separated
- 2 large heads of chicory (250g), leaves separated
- 180g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 120g gorgonzola
- Cook lentils in a medium saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, 25 minutes or until lentils are tender drain. Rinse under cold water drain well.
- Meanwhile, add nuts to a small frying pan stir over medium heat until nuts are toasted lightly. Transfer to a chopping board, cool slightly chop coarsely.
- Whisk vinegar and oil in a large serving bowl season to taste. Add radicchio, chicory, tomatoes, parsley and lentils toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and crumbled gorgonzola.
Tips: Canned brown lentils can be used in place of puy lentils to save time. Radicchio and chicory have a bitter flavour, so you can use baby cos lettuce if you prefer. Use cherry tomatoes if baby plum tomatoes are unavailable.