- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating all the time.
- Add the raspberry flavour, mix well to combine then fold in the self-raising flour using a metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden and spring back to the touch. Remove from the tin, place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, place the butter, icing sugar, raspberry flavour and milk in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Divide the buttercream into two separate bowls add the red food colour to one of the bowls, a few drops at a time, and mix well until your desired shade is reached.
- Fit the icing bag with a star nozzle, fill one compartment with the pink buttercream and the other with the plain buttercream then pipe swirls onto the cupcakes.